The Australian Agricultural Company has today released a market update in relation to its FY18 results. CEO Hugh Killen will discuss the market update on a conference call scheduled for 9.30am AEST today (details provided below).
Based on preliminary and unaudited results for the 12 months to March 2018 AACo expects to report:
- Operating EBITDA1 in the range of $12 million to $16 million. This compares with FY17 Operating EBITDA of $45.0 million;
- Statutory EBITDA loss in the range of $(30) million to $(40) million. This compares with FY17 Statutory EBITDA of $133.2 million;
- Significant items related to Livingstone Beef in the range $(60) million to $(65) million. These significant items reflect (i) an impairment charge against the carrying value of Livingstone Beef and (ii) an onerous contract provision taken in relation to Livingstone Beef. These charges are non-cash in nature and taken through the income statement below the EBITDA line;
- Negative Operating Cash Flow in the range of $(38) million to $(42) million. This compares with positive FY17 Operating Cash Flow of $29.3 million; and
- A positive asset revaluation reserve adjustment of $32 million to $36 million, relating to the revaluation of AACo’s property portfolio.
The FY18 result expectations set out above are unaudited and preliminary in nature. AACo’s FY18 audited results are subject to a number of factors including review by AACo’s auditors, finalisation of the livestock market valuation, finalisation of the Livingstone Beef impairment charge including to reflect any conclusions from the Strategic Review (see below) and Board approval.
The advice given by Kalkine Pty Ltd and provided on this website is general information only and it does not take into account your investment objectives, financial situation or needs. You should therefore consider whether the advice is appropriate to your investment objectives, financial situation and needs before acting upon it. You should seek advice from a financial adviser, stockbroker or other professional (including taxation and legal advice) as necessary before acting on any advice. Not all investments are appropriate for all people. Kalkine.com.au and associated websites are published by Kalkine Pty Ltd ABN 34 154 808 312 (Australian Financial Services License Number 425376). The information on this website has been prepared from a wide variety of sources, which Kalkine Pty Ltd, to the best of its knowledge and belief, considers accurate. You should make your own enquiries about any investments and we strongly suggest you seek advice before acting upon any recommendation. Kalkine Pty Ltd has made every effort to ensure the reliability of information contained in its newsletters and websites. All information represents our views at the date of publication and may change without notice. To the extent permitted by law, Kalkine Pty Ltd excludes all liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this website and any information published (including any indirect or consequential loss, any data loss or data corruption). If the law prohibits this exclusion, Kalkine Pty Ltd hereby limits its liability, to the extent permitted by law to the resupply of services. There may be a product disclosure statement or other offer document for the securities and financial products we write about in Kalkine Reports. You should obtain a copy of the product disclosure statement or offer document before making any decision about whether to acquire the security or product. The link to our Terms & Conditions has been provided please go through them and also have a read of the Financial Services Guide. On the date of publishing this report (mentioned on the website), employees and/or associates of Kalkine Pty Ltd do not hold positions in any of the stocks covered on the website. These stocks can change any time and readers of the reports should not consider these stocks as advice or recommendations.